Thursday, August 16, 2007

Insurance

I am on my way now!! I have just been told by Duke that my file has been sent off to insurance. I really don't have a gage on how long it will take to hear back. Of course, I am excited, but, I am also very nervous. Right now, Insurance is the only thing standing in between me and the surgery. It is such a scary thing to have "big corporation" holding fate into your hands.

I meet all of the qualifications for insurance. Qualifications for surgery is to be a BMI of 40 or more, or a BMI of 35 or more with co-morbitities. I am in the 35 or more group. I am right around 37 or 38. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, insulin resistance (taking glucophage for it), joint pain and should I keep going? Goodness....I feel like a 100 year old woman. I am only 38.

I am remaining positive and full of hope. I am so ready to get my health back, my life back.

Hoping for the best!!

No comments: